2Rowdy

2Rowdy
Me and my dead car

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Long voyage South and back

As announced yesterday I went towards a jobinterview today. Packed my backpack with some food and drinks, a bundle of useful papers and my wife had prepared me a suit to wear. The planner on the internet told me it should be a 2:20h trip, and since I have a floating car (not farting) I name it a voyage. Left with a 40 minutes reserve. Sufficient to tackle most unexpected problems during the voyage.

The voyage went just perfect. I was well ahead of time and the most jam-packed town (Zwolle) had been taken so I took me some time for a cop of coffee at a truckstop. Bought a present for someone dear.

Just after Arnhem, back on the A50, complete gridlock for about 30 minutes. Just after that another traffic-jam and nearing South it was back bumper-to-bumper. Gave me a good chance to make a call telling I would be about 20 minutes late.

That estimate was just about perfect. 20 minutes late.

The interview went good however they were quite clear they were willing to hire me provided they wouldn't have to pay for me for half a year. My competition would be a fresh from HighSchool kid. I tried to make clear that, er, that's not a fair comparisation. Decided I would pull as much info from that consultancy firm as possible and ponder on it for a while.

After the interview I went to a dear friend of mine I have never seen before, christinA. My mission was to hand out hugs from across the ocean (Zoë). I added some of my own. I was offered a sandwich and a few good cups of coffee. We have talked and shared well over two hours. Oh, and I gave her the present, a white cuddly bear cub. Thank you for your warm welcome and when I'm near I'll drop by again furrsure.

The way back went much faster, no traffic-jams this time. But I have seen TWO C6 Citroëns! Alive and floating! (<sniff> I want one, just one<sniff>)

At home I noticed my backpack was wet. No so strange as it has been raining all day but, er, turned out my drinks were spilled all over the inside of my backpack.

I'll write a rejection note for the job tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive