2Rowdy

2Rowdy
Me and my dead car

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The blog is dead, long live the blog

On November 27, after a long and exhausting week, I opened up my blog to report the things that had happened in my project.
I discovered that my Wordpress blog had been changed drastically. My content was gone and had been replaced with the content of another blog.
It still looked like my blog but posts, comments and pictures were gone.

After some digging in my logfiles I discovered that someone behind a probable proxy (IP 88.233.124.164) messed around.

The SQL database had been replaced with the content of a blog belonging to one of the developers of Wordpress. Quite obvious that he didn't have anything to do with the hacking.

I did know there was a security leak somewhere since there was an update for the program available a week before. I had the intention of updating the next week but, well, removed the blog before that.

I copied all en removed all and placed a little note on the blog for the hacker to see.

So, now I'm looking around this Google thing. I have FTP setup towards my webspace and I'm still using Livewriter to post. It works.
I have lost most postings and the ones I have are incorrect. As a good sysadmin I don't have an up-to-date backup so I won't be able recreate the blog.

I have setup the old URL to forward to this one and I'm starting a new.

No comments:

Blog Archive