2Rowdy

2Rowdy
Me and my dead car

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Menu: Brick and sliced ham

Ever so often my wife allows me to cook. Though she likes my cooking she always has remarks on how I leave the kitchen behind when I am done. For some reason it resembles a warzone afterwards. Naturaly I clean up the next day but most of the time I'm to late with that, she did the cleaning already.

Yesterday she had pulled a (one inch) slice of ham out of the fridge so with a smile I offered my magic cooking services to prepare that.

Had me a big cooking pan on the fire with some oil in it and dropped the slice in it. I didn't want it to bake too fast or else the meat would become dry so turned down the heat and drank some coffee.

Looked into the pan and the ham was nice and brown on one side but the beast was all curled up. After turning it over I tried to push it down but that didn't work.

My wife was sitting on the couch and looked puzzled when I went into the garden and came back with a big brick.

.

Cleaned it and wrapped tin foil around it. My wife stood up from the couch and looked into the kitchen to see the weird things I was doing.

Placed the wrapped brick onto the ham slice and continued cooking. The eyes of my wife appeared to pop out.

The result was a perfectly cooked thick piece of ham.

Tasted good.

For once I threw the brick back into the garden immediately after use. My kitchen cleaning job for that day was done.

Blog Archive