2Rowdy

2Rowdy
Me and my dead car

Sunday, October 29, 2006

A new beginning of a start

(repost)

After two interesting careers both starting from scratch and ending with a load of responsibilities I am home pondering what to do next, motivation is dropping.

A month ago I was discussing this with the unemployment office and they offered me to participate in a 4 month intensive project named "Opportunities for Knowledge workers".

This (Dutch) PDF publication contains a description of the project. So does this.

The project is directed towards people that have lost their job-related network and have a bag load full of knowledge to offer.

It consists of

-Assessment. What am I and what can I do.

-Training. Several master classes are offered covering about all a management has to know.

-Work: A work-project, matching the outcome of the assessment, is offered so to rebuild confidence.

The intention is to get back on track, either self employed or with another firm.

After an introduction meeting I decided to go for it.

Next Monday morning it all starts.

The training is at the Hogeschool Drenthe in the town Emmen, 45 kilometers/ an hour from here.

I'll try to update you.

No comments:

Blog Archive